What Is HDPE Pipe? Features And Applications Of HDPE PipeHDPE pipe stands for High-Density Polyethylene. HDPE pipes are widely used in water supply, gas distribution, sewage and drainage systems, and industrial processes. HDPE pipes have several features making them a popular choice for various piping applications....
INSTALLATION GUIDELINES FOR PPR PIPES
The PPR pipes are made up of using polypropylene-random copolymer (PP-R) and cutting-edge technology which gives two parameters i.e quality and longevity. PPR pipes can handle temperatures ranging from -20 degrees Celcius to 95 degrees Celcius. Which makes them the best choice for plumbing systems in industrial, commercial, and residential piping systems. These pipes can handle all major industrial chemicals because they have excellent chemical-resistant properties.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF PPR PIPES
- Resistant to corrosion.
- It can withstand higher PH values.
- These pipes are UV resistant and are suitable for outdoor installations that are in contact with direct sunlight.
- PPR pipes ate chemical resistant.
- Ensures Leak proof joints due to the heat fusion jointing method.
- Less pumping cost due to extremely high flow properties.
- PPR pipes offer low-pressure drops and they are a very less coefficient of friction.
- PPR pipes have very smooth bores which allow high flow fluid velocities up to 5m/sec.
- Low maintenance cost and long life when operated under rated temperature and pressure conditions.
- Restrict bacterial growth.
HOW TO INSTALL PPR PIPES-JOINTING METHOD
Process: Fusion Welding
STEP 1: CUTTING
- Use a burr-free cutter to cut the pipe rate angle to its axis.
- Make sure the pipe is free from burrs or cuts.
- Clean the pipe and fittings before the welding process.
- Mark the welding depth at the end of the pipe.
STEP 2: HEATING
- Mount the appropriate dyes on the welding machine's heating element in accordance with the pipe and fittings' diameter.
- Connect the welding machine to the 2220-volt AC power source or supply.
- Set the welding machine thermostat to 260 degree Celsius and wait until the required temperature is reached.
- By applying light pressure, insert the pipe and fitting in the dyes.
STEP 3: WELDING
- Insert the pipe into the fitting by exerting light pressure after heating quickly.
- To avoid stress, any misalignment should be corrected immediately after insertion.
- Allow the joint to cool as per the cooling time.
THINGS TO TAKE CARE OF WHILE INSTALLING PPR PIPES
Do not cut slant/ uneven.
2. Deburring And Ridge Removal
Do not install the pipe without deburring as the burr (when heated) can create an extra blockage inside the pipe.
3. Cleaning And Marking
Do not start/proceed without cleaning as the presence of dirt and mud can create problems during welding.
4. Welding Joint
- The temperature of the heater should not be set higher or lower than 260 degrees Celcius.
- Use the gloves during the jointing process.
- Misalignment of the jointing should be corrected immediately to avoid stress in the weld.